Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hummos!

This recipe actually comes from my aunt, via my mom. And given that my aunt is actually more Armenian than my mom, believe that this is legit. However, in my experience the hummos speaks for itself. ; ) Also, SO ridiculously easy.


Blend in blender in this order: (liquids should go in first)

¼ cup lemon juice

¼ cup juice from garbanzo beans can (or can use water )
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (drain and save liquid to use)
1/3 cup tahini paste--by recommendation of my mom, only use the jar types, not the kind that is in a can.
¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
1 clove garlic - minced

Blend together. If too thick, add a bit more juice from garbanzo
beans a little bit at a time – (don’t let it get too thin!)
May garnish with parsley &/or paprika
and if desired serve with olive oil sprinkled on top…


Serve with pita pocket bread or naan
(or any amazing bread of your choice...Armenian string cheese is also a great thing to eat on the side with this, although where you get it in Vermont I have no idea. Try an international grocery store at home. )

No comments:

Post a Comment